Resilience Development Initiative (RDI) is an Indonesian think tank initiative that focuses on disaster, environmental change and sustainable development. RDI contributes to the body of knowledge on development and resilience research studies. As an organization promoted by research team, RDI presents a dynamic group and creative ideas to approach and solve resilience issues.
RDI publishes working papers, conference proceedings and journal papers. RDI members actively attend national and international conferences to disseminate research findings on disaster management.
RDI has carried out a number of research projects continuously in several locations, among others:
- West Java: Mt. Papandayan, Mt. Guntur, Pangalengan, Lembang, Indramayu and Bandung
- Central Java: Semarang, Yogyakarta, Mt. Merapi
- Bali: Denpasar
- South Sulawesi: Makassar
- East Kalimantan: Balikpapan
- South Sumatra: Palembang
- West Sumatra: Padang
- Lampung: Bandar Lampung
- East Nusa Tenggara: Ende
Disaster Reduction Goal
RDI contributes to the body of knowledge on sustainable development and resilience research studies, especially in Indonesia.
Policies and Programmes in DRR
RDI publishes working papers, conference proceedings and journal papers. RDI also regularly joins dissemination activity in national and international events through its active members and fellows.
RDI has six research cluster as follows:
- Disaster and Climate Resilience
- Renewable Energy and Emission Reduction
- Water and Waste Management
- Tourism and Cultural Heritage Management
- Children, Social Welfare, and Health
- Infrastructure and Urban Governance
To support our research, RDI sets other activities, including:
- Invited Lecture
- Working papers
- Team Building
- Internship and Visiting Fellow