WWF’s New Global Climate Deal Initiative is an international WWF program working to ensure that the UN Climate Change Summit in Copenhagen in December 2009 leads to a successful global agreement on reducing carbon emissions and providing the necessary support in adapting to climate impacts to the most vulnerable.
The Policy Coordinator – Post 2012 Climate Treaty Architecture will contribute to the work of the Global Policy and Advocacy unit with a special focus on what a post 2012 climate treaty should look like. In this role you will seek to influence the international climate change processes and events (UNFCCC & G8) through facilitating and doing policy research & analysis for action on the international and national level, high level lobbying, and coalition building.
The key requirements are:
- University or an equivalent degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience, and good first hand experience of international negotiations relating to climate change
- Excellent knowledge of climate issues – with a specific focus on post 2012 climate treaty architecture
- Both academic knowledge and working experience of international & environmental law and the treaty making process is a distinct advantage
- Excellent research skills and the ability to analyse and process complex information and communicate this in a easily understood way
- Good leadership and project management skills with proven success in working as part of a global virtual team
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and lobbying skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; experience in presentations and media interviews an advantage
- Excellent command of English. Plus knowledge of other languages an asset
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, Persevering & Delivering Results.
This position will be based in Singapore or Germany (Berlin).