To lead and manage Oxfam's DRR programme under DIPECHO funding in Bangladesh through implementing of an agreed strategy, mobilizing local resources and ensuring cross programme learning with Oxfam's other DRR projects and DIPECHO partners.
• Representing Oxfam and influencing external relationships with DIPECHO/ECHO, NARRI Consortium, Government stakeholders, National DRR platform and other INGOs.
• Setting and leading the delivery of the DIPECHO team objectives as part of organisational mandate and decision of NARRI consortium.
• Plan and manage human and financial resources and processes related to the DIPECHO programme.
• Develop and manage DIPECHO partner relations also maintain non-funding relationship with other related govt and non-government stakeholders.
• Contribute to regional DRR strategy development
• Support linking and learning across the OGB DRR programmes in country and globally
• To be responsible for the planning, organisation, implementation, budget management, and reporting of ongoing DIPECHO VI Project up to January 2013 and then to manage the DIPECHO VII project.
• To expand Oxfam's existing urban DRR programme both horizontally and vertically based on a strong analysis and in close coordination with multiple stakeholders including government and non-government
• To actively participate and contribute in the designing of NARRI consortium's DIPECHO VII project including writing of donor proposals and other necessary documents.
• To ensure mainstreaming of gender, person with disability and aging issues in the project design, implementation and monitoring / evaluation
• To actively participate in NARRI Programme Management Unit (PMU) meetings and effectively contribute in the implementation of NARRI joint initiatives
• Strengthen existing and develop new partnerships (both funding and non-funding) for the effective implementation of DIPECHO project
• To ensure that the grass root level project initiatives have stronger link at the local and national level - sustainability and replication / upscaling
• Building on existing learning and good practise to develop and implement a robust project monitoring and evaluation system
• Undertake regular analysis of narrative and financial, progress of the project and take prompt actions for the effective delivery
• Ensure project successes, processes, learning etc. are well documented and shared internally and externally as appropriate
• Direct line management programme officers, finance & logistics officer and other staff as asked by the line manager including technical and hand holding support
• Liaise with other NGOs, relevant government agencies and the ECHO country office to ensure coordination and learning across DIPECHO partners
• Conduct internal impact evaluations of the Project and organise with other DIPECHO partners / NARRI members an end of programme external evaluation
• To be responsible for the representation of OGB to Partner organisations, donors, government, line ministries, UN agencies and other NGOs in relation to the project
• Represent Oxfam GB at internal and external forums/ networks; establishing and maintaining contact with range of organizations and individuals who can support the programme.
• Participate in and support national and regional campaign & advocacy working groups when require.
Skills and competence
• Demonstrable experience of managing multi-hazard DRR programme / projects (local and national level) with special emphasis on Earthquake / fire preferably in urban settings
• Demonstrable experience of Programme Cycle Management
• Strong and proven technical knowledge on urban DRR
• Strong and proven technical knowledge on DRR mainstreaming into development planning and implementation
• Demonstrable understanding of international instruments / regulatory framework on DRR and its successful application while designing and implementing DRR programme / projects
• Demonstrable experience of working with multiple stakeholders both at local and national level including government, academic institutions and civil society org etc.
• Experience of managing ECHO projects preferably DIPECHO projects in South Asia will be a definite plus
• Proven experience of working in a consortium approach will be a definite plus
• Well-developed analytical and planning skills.
• Demonstrable understanding and experience of mainstreaming issues around gender, person with disability and ageing
• Proven people management and team leadership skills
• Ability to work independently as required.
• Proven decision making capability
• Can effectively influence outside own team and successfully represent specific program or specific issues.
• Skills in networking and representation
• Contributing to strategic development at a wider level within the programme.
• Excellent IT and English communication skills (both speaking and writing). Knowing Bangla (understanding and speaking) will be a definite plus.