AECOM International Development seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID Coastal City Adaptation Program (CCAP) to be based in Maputo, Mozambique. The goal of the program is to increase urban coastal resiliency to climate change by incorporating climate change into their planning processes and undertaking adaptive measures in response to capacity building activities, performance-based incentives and public advocacy in targeted municipalities. Main program objectives include:
• Improve the provision of climate-resilient urban services by municipalities;
• Increase adoption of climate resilience measures by communities and community organizations, i.e., civil society, nongovernmental, faith-based organizations, etc;
• Increase access to risk-sharing tools, i.e., insurance plans, contingency funds, etc., for at-risk urban infrastructure and livelihoods.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for assuring that all assistance provided is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed and for adequately managing and supervising the work of all organizations and individuals engaged under the project while in country. Additionally, the COP will be expected to play a leading and substantive role in developing and implementing all activities; s/he shall be the lead person for the Contractor in liaising with USAID/Mozambique, other development partners and client country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for program implementation ensuring application of international best practices consistent with client expectations and abilities
• Ensures program results and outcomes including client satisfaction, timely deliverable submission, assignment completion, quality assurance and control
• Supervises all field-based program technical staff and consultants and locally-hired support staff
Required skills and experience
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or another relevant field or;
• A Bachelor’s Degree and 5 additional years of experience in the below areas:
- At least 7 years of experience in climate change adaptation or other relevant field
- At least 10 years of experience working overseas
Fluency in Portuguese and English required.