Tetra Tech ARD, a leading international development consulting firm based in Burlington, Vermont and Washington, D.C., is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified national, regional and local technical and policy experts for the USAID funded Biodiversity and Watersheds Improved for Stronger Economy and Ecosystem Resilience (B+WISER) Project in the Philippines. The B+WISER Project will address the drivers of biodiversity loss and deforestation, implement capacity-enhancement programs at the national and subnational levels, and reduce risks from disasters primarily through both mitigation and adaptation activities, such as direct reforestation and forest ecosystem restoration, improvement of forest land use planning, and integration of disaster risk reduction principles into local development plans.
Illustrative list of technical areas
• Biodiversity Conservation
• REDD+ and Forest Carbon
• Land Use Planning
• Forest Management/Reforestation
• Local Institutional Development and Capacity Building
• LGU Mobilization
• Measurement, Reporting & Verification of Carbon Stocks (MRV)
• Payment for Ecosystems Services
• Public Private Partnerships
• Environmental Policy and Law
• Climate Change Adaptation Assessments
• Gender, Youth and Disadvantaged Groups Capacity Building
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• Communications and Outreach
• Advanced degree in natural resource management, environmental policy, public administration or other related field;
• Minimum 5 years of technical experience;
• Previous work with natural resources management projects in the Philippines.
• Experience working with government, donors, private sector or NGOs;
• Fluency in Tagalog, Visayan or other local languages;
• Fluency in English required.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations—in the US and overseas. They strive to reflect these goals in the global mission and in the workforce. They encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.