ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a non- political and non-confessional international NGO founded in 1993 and headquartered in Paris, France. The organization’s vocation is to save lives, assist vulnerable populations and bring hope to those in need for a better future. ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team players to fill the below positions in Nairobi, Baringo and Northern Kenya regions.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Manage ACTED’s DRR Activities;
• Facilitate the group action planning process and identify the appropriate learning activities to be integrated;
• Establish the DRR Unit’s work plans according to the projects schedules;
• Carry out ground working activities in preparation for the selection of beneficiaries and subsequent establishment of Community Disaster Management Committees (CDMC);
• Select CDMCs following criteria agreed by ACTED and the communities;
• Guide CDMCs to put in place and regularly update the appropriate records and reporting formats where necessary;
• Mentor the CDMC groups and build their managerial and entrepreneurial skills to enable them become self-reliant;
• Bi-weekly reporting;
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the Program Manager.
• A degree or higher diploma in community development and project management, development studies or social science from a recognized institution.
• At least two years of involvement in the community work; mobilizing, counselling and or training communities-Having worked with an NGO is preferable.
• Possess skills in proposal and report writing, project cycle management and participatory monitoring and evaluation of projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• CMDRR training by IIRR an added advantage
• Flexible and ability to work under pressure in emergency situations.
• Strong commitment to the organization’s mission, vision and strategies
• Ability to manage time, multitask and prioritize
• English & Kiswahili fluency are minimum requirements. Fluency in Samburu, Pokot& Turkana local languages desired and an advantage