The CDEMA Coordinating Unit (CU) is inviting applications for the post of Project Assistant to support execution of the project Regional Monitoring and Evaluation System for Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change Adaptation in the Caribbean Tourism Sector (RMES DRM CCA). The project will develop a regional monitoring, evaluation and reporting system for DRM and CCA in the Caribbean Tourism Sector as a Regional Public Good. The overall goal of the Technical Cooperation is to contribute to the mainstreaming of Comprehensive Disaster Management in the tourism sector in the Caribbean.
Qualifications and experience
• Certified Professional Secretary (CPS), Certified Administrative Professional (CAP),
• At least five (5) years secretarial and administrative work experience
• Experience in scheduling travel arrangements
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Knowledge of:
- MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and Project
- Office management principles and procedures
- Project management principles
• Skills in:
- Records management and maintenance
- Calendar management including the coordination of meetings
- Creation of PowerPoint presentations
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication
- Administrative management
• Ability to:
- Work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in a diverse community.
- Organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments.
- Plan, develop, and coordinate multiple assignments.
- Make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Foster a cooperative work environment.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
Duties and responsibilities
Specifically, the Project Assistant will:
• Assist the Project Coordinator in planning and organising the administrative function of the project;
• Proactively liaise with and support the Project Coordinator in maintaining close and cooperative working relationship with the agencies’ stakeholders and strategic partners;
• Provide organizational and planning support to ensure efficient and effective management of activities assigned;
• Assist the Project Coordinator with research, compilation, assimilation, investigation, and analysis of specific issues affecting the operations of the Project;
• Assist with the development, maintenance and creation of administrative processes and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient execution of the project;
• Assist with the production of memos, reports, letters and other written materials conveying decisions or outcomes of meetings related to the project;
• Provide support to the scheduling and maintaining of the calendars and travel arrangements as assigned;
• Provide support to project meetings as and when necessary;
• Assist with the development of tracking and evaluation mechanisms to assist in the accomplishment of established goals and objectives of the project
• Support the preparation of project records and associated filing;
• Support the administrative arrangements for all meetings, workshops and reports as assigned;
• Perform miscellaneous project-related duties as assigned
General administrative office accommodation provided
• Institutional support provided through documented rules and regulations, general policy guidelines and through access to available relevant information, resources and facilities
• Position may require periods of travel to CDEMA member states.
• Subject to general service conditions applicable to established staff members of the Agency
• Required to maintain current knowledge of the responsibilities of other agencies and organizations with regional disaster management agencies
Work performance will be evaluated based on the performance standards established in the performance plan development with the immediate supervisor. The performance plan will include performance objectives and job standards including:
• Error margin and the quality of typed correspondence and documentation.
• Timely completion of assignments and reports and ability to meet deadlines.
• Accuracy of information reported from files and ease with which data is retrieved from filing system.
• Responsiveness in handling telephone calls, inquires and urgent assignments.
• Demonstrated secretarial ability, commitment and exercise of initiative.
• Technical accuracy and general quality of assignment
• Demonstrated reliability and flexibility
• Effectiveness of information dissemination.
• Initiative and team spirit
• Knowledge and understanding of and the effective application of the Agency’s policies and objectives
• Communication Effectiveness