The Global Technical Advisor - Emergency Response Quality will be responsible for the execution of timely responses that adhere to ChildFund International Policy and Procedures and meets international standards. In Collaboration with the Program technical team he/she will ensure the design and implementation of high quality response programs and the development of stabilization/post-emergency plans. He/she will be responsible for strengthening National Office capacity to develop high quality concept notes and proposals. Participates in technical networks, create linkages at all levels and organize reflective sessions for sharing and learning. He/she will write performance statements, document innovative emergency interventions, capture and share best practices, and maintain regular interface with National Offices to ensure their understanding of best practices and international humanitarian standards.
• Oversee National Offices implementation of the Emergency Response Policy and Procedure
• Responsible for ensuring that ChildFund International DRR and Emergency Response activities are in accordance with International standards, principles, conventions, guidelines and frameworks such as Sphere, Hyogo Framework (HFA) Climate Change Adaptation measures (CCA), Convention on the rights of the Child (CRC) etc.
• Collaborate and coordinate with other units within ChildFund International (e.g. Program Development, Sponsorship, GAM, Marketing, People & Culture, Fundraising & communications) to support quality Emergency Response and DRR programming
• Facilitate the creation of appropriate community linkages, development of a consolidated chronic emergency calendar and identification of organizational response capacities and gaps
• Responsible for strengthening National Offices’ capacity to design and implement quality small and medium scale emergency programs that maximize the possibility of those assisted to rapidly return to their normal life
• Strengthen and Support National Offices’ capacity to develop high quality technical concept notes and proposals for resource mobilization in emergency response
• Oversee implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting of emergency response program
• Participate and create linkages with relevant technical networks and clusters to enhance organizational learning, positioning and profile, resource mobilization, credibility etc.
• Organize reflective sessions for sharing and learning within ChildFund to identify our niche and contribute to the global arena
• 5 to 7 years of experience working overseas (Africa, Asia and The Americas) with an international or local NGO, in a related role
• Strong Interpersonal and networking skills, including the ability to build relationships internally and externally; Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience
• Demonstrated experience in facilitation of workshops and training programs
• Familiarity with International standards, principles, conventions, guidelines and frameworks such as Sphere, Hyogo Framework (HFA) Climate Change Adaptation measures (CCA), Convention on the Rights of Children CRC etc.
• Ability to work under pressure with high emotional stamina within teams and demanding leadership situations
• Substantial experience interfacing with technical donors
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including well developed proposal and report writing skills
• Demonstrated long-term field experience in the areas of DRR, Emergency Preparedness and Response and Child Protection
• International and US travel (with short notice)
• Familiarity with child-focused programming
• Demonstrated professional proficiency in English and either French or Spanish
• Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite applications (particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
• A self-starter with excellent presentation skills and ability to multi-task and in a dynamic and supportive team environment
• Organized, detail-oriented, and results-oriented individual
• Applicants should have a master’s degree in International development or Program Management or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline closely related and with equivalent relevant work experience.