ASB invites expressions of interest from qualified and highly committed individuals for the following challenging, and inherently rewarding, position:
Summary of job profile/responsibilities:
To deliver a large scale multi-component DRR project within 4 provinces. The project focuses on primary education and also on young people with disabilities. The project includes significant training, outreach and capacity building components targeted to a range of stakeholders. The project manager will be expected to represent ASB, and ASB's DRR strategy, within a range of local, national and regional fora. The project manager will also play a key role in establishing and maintaining high professional standards within the project and in contributing to staff development. The position reports directly to the Country Director.
1. Proven track record of managing complex DRR educational projects
2. Excellent information, training, and outreach skills including experience of
a) Producing relevant and targeted information content
b) Designing effective information delivery mechanisms via a range of media
3. Solid understanding of international, regional and national DRR strategies and policies
4. Sound understanding of the Indonesian educational sector
5. Firm commitment to inclusion and knowledge of relevant regional commitments
6. Experience of working with people with disabilities
7. Experience of establishing and maintaining high-quality, and large scale, monitoring and evaluation systems
8. Excellent financial management and budgeting skills
9. First class documentation and reporting skills a prerequisite
10. Fluency in English
11. Working knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia
12. Advanced degree in a relevant discipline
13. Experience of working with European Government donors an advantage
14. ASB is seeking creative individuals that can demonstrate the ability to generate practical and relevant solutions to complex development problems
ASB strongly encourages qualified individuals with disabilities to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Established in 1888 Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB) is one of Germany's longest established and largest social welfare organisations. ASB currently has a portfolio of over 100 projects in relief, rehabilitation and community based development. ASB entered Indonesia following the May 2006 earthquake and has established projects in emergency relief; reconstruction and training; information outreach; disaster preparedness and livelihoods sectors.