ORGANIZER(S): Inter-American Development Bank
Type: Meeting or Conference Date: 20 - 21 Sep 2012 Location: Dominican Republic (Punta Cana)
The Climate Change Regional Policy Dialogue on "How to Mainstream Climate Change Adaptation into a Country's Priority Sectors of Action" aims at promoting the dialogue and sharing of experiences between experts and practitioners. One of the main topics to be addressed is sea level rise impacts and adaptation measures. This event will be coordinated with the Regional Policy Dialogue Water and Sanitation Network.
- Panel 1: Experts discussion on discussion paper on “how to mainstream climate change adaptation into development planning” as a basis for the discussion.
- Panel 2: Practitioners discussion on adaptation experience utilizing discussion paper as the basis for the discussion
- Presentation 1: Case study on adaptation and coastal zone management
- Presentation 2: Case study on adaptation and agriculture
- Presentation 3: Case study on adaptation and water
- Presentation 4: Case study on adaptation and tourism
- IDB’s Role in financing/support adaptation
- Discussion on key questions arising from adaptation
- Presentation of the roadmap produced by the experts
It will gather Climate Change Focal Points of Caribbean and Central American countries as well as experts and regional organizations
Short URL: http://www.preventionweb.net/go/28198