Type: Training Course Date: 17 Sep - 09 Nov 2012 Location: Online event
This distance course takes participants through a systematic examination of the ways in which education authorities can integrate conflict and disaster risk reduction into sector planning processes.
The course examines core educational planning steps such as:
• Establishing a diagnosis of the risks affecting the education sector;
• Integrating C/DRR measures into regular education policy, planning and programming interventions;
• Developing a relevant C/DRR strategy to respond to risks identified;
• Monitoring and evaluating progress on implementation of risk reduction strategies; and
• Mobilizing human and financial resources to implement c/DRR measures.
Senior staff of ministries of education and their counterparts from development partner organizations who are directly involved in the planning and management of the education sector, including both technical staff and policy-makers.
Short URL: http://www.preventionweb.net/go/27836