ORGANIZER(S): Institute of Accountancy Arusha (IAA)
Type: Training Course Date: 14 - 18 May 2012 Location: Tanzania, United Rep of (Arusha) Venue: Institute of Accountancy Arusha – Njiro Hill.
• To equip Districts Disaster Management Department (DMD) staff, local government leaders at district, division, and ward levels with knowledge, skills and techniques on the process of determining the level of disaster risk at community level, and formulation of community plans for reducing the disaster risks.
• To train selected district leaders on TOT who in turn will train their respective communities on the process for determining the disaster risk levels of the hazards in their areas, and on the process for putting in place community plans for prevention, mitigation and preparedness.
•The above two objectives lead to the third objective, of building the community capacity in hazard, vulnerability and capacity assessments that will generate needed information for enabling the community to:
- Determine the levels of disaster risks posed by potential hazards in their respective areas,
- Put in place the Action Plans for minimizing disaster risks of the identified potential hazards, and
- Prepare their Disaster Preparedness
Event website: http://www.iaa.ac.tz
This course is intended for members of staff of Disaster Management Department (DMD); District, Division, Ward, and Village Government leaders; Extension Officers; and Representatives from NGOs, CBOs and FBOs working in the districts and other interested parties.
Short URL: http://www.preventionweb.net/go/26534