ORGANIZER(S): Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
Type: Meeting or Conference Date: 09 - 10 May 2012 Location: Ethiopia (Addis Ababa)
IPCC Working Groups I and II and the Climate and Development Knowledge Network, supported by Norway’s Climate and Pollution Agency and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, are organizing a series of outreach events as a means to inform about the possible impacts of and options for managing the risks of climate extremes and disasters by region, as assessed in the IPCC Special Report. The events will be open to the media. Highlights of the report will be presented at each event by its authors. Speakers will include IPCC authors and invited guests from the East African region.
Topics to be covered include
• Extremes, exposure, and vulnerability in the context of the Special Report
• Observations and projections of extremes
• Observations and projections of impacts and losses
• Risk management options for improving current and future practice
• Approaches to moving towards a sustainable and resilient future
The events are designed for policymakers, business leaders, academics, and civil society organizations whose policies and programs are or may be affected.
Short URL: http://www.preventionweb.net/go/26154