ORGANIZER(S): National Disaster Management Agency
Type: Training Course Date: 06 - 07 Jun 2011 Location: Gambia Venue: Tango conference hall
The National Disaster Management Agency (NDMA) organized an Advocacy Training Workshop on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) for the None State Actors from the 6th to the 7th of June 2011 at the TANGO conference hall. The fund for the training was provided by the Government of The Republic of China on Taiwan.
The main objective of the training workshop was among others is to enhance the capacities of the None State Actors on Disaster Risk Reduction through training and advocacy planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting system.
The workshop provided the opportunity for the resource persons and participants alike to share and discuss on the following topics:
• The Hyogo Framework for Action (HFA) and other regional Frameworks
• Mainstreaming DRR into Development
• Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation- the link
• Linking DRR to PRSP, Gambia’s Vision 2020, MDGs and UNDAF
• DRR Best Practices from the Sub-Region
• Role of Government and None State Actors on DRR Best Practices
• Overview of the NDMA Policy.
• Need for Non-State Actors to harmonize and align their programmes and activities in line with Government’s strategy on DRR
Event website: http://www.ndma.gm
Short URL: http://www.preventionweb.net/go/23384