ORGANIZER(S): Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
OTHER ORGANIZER(S): International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM)
OTHER HOST(S): Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA)
Type: Meeting or Conference Date: 17 - 19 Jan 2012 Location: United States of America (New Orleans) Venue: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
The International Disaster Conference & Expo (IDCE) is a new, International event designed to unite the most internationally recognized and distinguished professionals for three days of problem solving, planning and preparation, discussing relevant issues dealing with Emergency Management, Homeland Security, First Response, Loss Mitigation, Business Continuity, and all other disciplines within the fields of Disaster Preparation, Response, Recovery, and Mitigation on a global scale.
The focus of IDCE is to create opportunities for the Public and Private sectors to engage. Speakers will include decision makers whose actions and policies shape the landscape and methods in which Emergency professionals do their job. Thousands of executive leadership and emergency management officials will be on hand for this first-time event.The Event is an opportunity for federal, state, and municipal government executives, international emergency and disaster management officials, and private sector disaster management professionals to convene and discuss emergency management best-practices according to the challenges uniquely presented to each region, territory, state and municipality.
IDCE will promote dialogue between leading industry professionals in a single forum, providing opportunity to review and discuss public policies, procedures, and best practices, as well as review how emergency resources can best be shared and utilized to assist others when facing catastrophic events across the globe.
IDCE2012 is designed to be a world-leading and world-changing event. Given the support and participation received to date, it will shatter all previously established goals and objectives in its first year.
- Private Sector Resources in the Emergency Management Plan; the Public-Private Partnership
- National Security and Global Emergency Preparedness Issues
- Implementing Lessons Learned from Katrina and the Impact on the Queensland Cyclone and Flooding of 2010
- Public-Private Sector Synergies – Mobilizing International Resources for Global Disaster Aid, Response and Recovery
Event website: http://www.internationaldisasterconference.com/index.html
IDCE 2012 will present the most diverse and all-encompassing international audience this industry has ever witnessed in a single event. IDCE 2012’s reach into the international realm of public and private Disaster Preparation, Response, Recovery, and Mitigation will be unprecedented. As a result, IDCE 2012 will present an audience of top decision makers and buyers from around the globe:
- Emergency Management Officials
- Homeland Security Officials
- International, Federal, State, and Municipal Government Leadership
- Military, Security, & First Responders
- Leading Academia
- Private-sector Disaster Preparation, Response, Recovery, and Mitigation Service Professionals
- Leading industry Subject Matter Experts
- Business Continuity Professionals
- Business Executives / Senior Private-sector Leadership
- PPP Subject Matter Experts from the Public and Private Sector
- Global Association and Industry Organizational Leadership
- Policy Lobbyist / Legislative Officials
- Planning & Infrastructure Officials
- Public Venue Management / Facility Managers
Short URL: http://www.preventionweb.net/go/20352