ORGANIZER(S): International Life Saving Federation
Type: Meeting or Conference Date: 10 - 13 May 2011 Location: Viet Nam (Danang) Venue: Furama Resort – International Convention Palace
The World Conference on Drowning Prevention 2011 in Danang, Vietnam will focus world attention on the global burden of drowning, with a specific emphasis on the epidemic of drowning deaths in developing countries.
A comprehensive set of conference themes have been identified that cater to all those working to reduce the burden of drowning worldwide. These include: Drowning Research, Child Drowning Interventions, Emergency Response and Medical Issues, Advances in Lifesaving, Swimming and Water Safety, Disasters and Climate Change, Regional Perspectives, Lifesaving Sport and Development, Partnerships and Collaborations, Activities and Occupations
The conference program will comprise a mixture of keynote plenary sessions, concurrent sessions and workshops with opportunities throughout the conference for interaction and discussion.
Innovative field trips will combine drowning prevention themes with the sights and sounds of the region to provide a rewarding and unforgettable experience.
Call for Abstracts/ Presentations
The organisers of the World Conference on Drowning Prevention 2011 are seeking Abstracts for oral, poster and workshop presentations from a range of sources across the conference themes. If you, your organisation, institution or agency have been involved in interesting research, policy and/or practice aimed at preventing drowning, we encourage you to submit an abstract and start planning your attendance at this important event.
Get Involved in teh World Conference on Drowning Prevention 2011
There are many ways you can be involved in the World Conference on Drowning Prevention 2011.
1. Submit an Abstract – by 31 July 201 for program consideration.
2. Register to attend the Conference
3. Tell your Friends/Networks - Promote the conference to other like-minded individuals and organisations who are working towards drowning prevention.
4. Register your Interest - If you heard about the conference via your networks you may not be on our mailing list.
5. Apply for Tradeshow/Sponsorship Opportunities - If your organisation, institution or agency would like to join the world's leading experts in drowning prevention, register your interest with the Conference Secretariat at WCDP2011@rlssa.org.au to receive an Information Package.
Event website: http://www.worldconferenceondrowningprevention.org
- Lifesaving related agencies from across the globe.
- International, regional and country based public health agencies.
- Water safety leaders and practitioners from developed and developing nations, men and women, English and non-English speaking backgrounds.
- A range of strategically critical disciplines; e.g. professional and volunteer lifesavers, educators, researchers, health promoters.
Short URL: http://www.preventionweb.net/go/14601