Type: Meeting or Conference
Date: 13 - 14 Oct 2010
Location: Japan (Chuo-ku, Kobe)
Venue: Kobe International Conference Center 6-9-1, Minatojima-Nakamachi
Recognizing the importance of applying advanced tools in urban safety, Japan is hosting, sponsoring, and organizing a 2-day international symposium on new technologies for urban safety of mega cities in Asia.
The symposium seeks to bring together expertise in areas of design, construction and maintenance of urban infrastructure and those engaged in the development of new tools that could be used for better asset and environmental management.
The symposium will focus on the following topics for urban safety and implementation of urban environmental management:
- Disaster response and recovery
- Risk assessment, prediction, and early-warning
- Decision-making technologies
- Planning and development of urban infrastructure systems
- Life-cycle management of infrastructure systems
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Development and application of sustainable technologies
- Application of geo-spatial technologies
What is included in the event fee
The registration fee includes 1 symposium CD proceedings, 2 lunches, 4 tea-breaks, and 1 dinner.
JPY 20,000, Early registration (Before Aug. 31, 2010)
JPY 25,000 (After Aug. 31, 2010)
JPY 10,000 (For students)
The symposium will provide a forum for decision makers, practical professionals, and researchers to share their expertise in diverse areas.