- Type: Meeting or Conference
- Date: 02-10 Aug 2012
- Location: Australia (Brisbane)
- Venue: Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Language: English
The IGC was first held in 1878, and the Oceania region has only hosted the event once in its prestigious history. High level political and scientific support secured in Australia and New Zealand for the Congress will underpin this outstanding event.
Under the theme “Unearthing our Past and Future” the IGC will showcase the Oceania region's geoscience strengths, innovations and natural wonders, through an exciting range of pre and post Congress field trips.
Theme 3 will look at Climate Change: Lessons from Past; Implications for Future.
Theme 30 addresses Geohazards, including:
- Subaerial and submarine landslide hazards [IGCP585]
- Natural hazards and climate change
- Improving the interaction between natural/physical and social sciences to increase the effectiveness of natural disaster risk reduction
- Geohazards in subduction zones
- Geohazard risk analysis: the state of the art
- Earth monitoring for improved forecasting of natural hazards
- Advances in Earthquake Hazard Assessment
What is included in the event fee
- Congress materials including handbook and proceedings and access to Congress sessions;
- One ticket to the Congress Welcome Reception on Sunday 5 August 2012. Extra tickets can be purchased at $55 per person for guests;
- Morning and afternoon refreshments and lunch each day as per Congress program;
- The Congress dinner is an optional extra cost function ($125). It is not included in registration fees.
- The Accompanying Persons registration includes name badge, one ticket to the welcome reception, and a city tour on Tuesday 7 August. It does not include access to any Congress sessions.
How to register
- Themes:Climate Change, Environment, GIS & Mapping, Risk Identification & Assessment
- Hazards:Earthquake, Land Slide