- Type: Meeting or Conference
- Date: 08-13 Oct 2012
- Location: India (Kerala State)
Kerala State Disaster Management Authority decided to observe the International Disaster Reduction Week with an array of programmes.
- State wide Quiz Competition for students- 3 stage programme. The teams participating for the quiz shall either be an all-girl team or shall have at least one girl student.
- District Level-14 district- District collectors will be the authority to conduct the programme
- Region Level-Four Region- the District Collector of the district in which Regional Quiz Programme will be held become the authority to conduct the programme
- State level-on 8th October 2012(Final)-SDMA will hold the programme.
- State-wide Essay Competition will be held in three categories- Middle School (5th to 8th Std), High School level (9th to 12th Std) and College level (upto 21 years). It will be held in 2 stages. The district level competitions on the topics given by the SDMA will be held on a particular date throughout the State. The first prize winning entry will be sent to the SDMA for selection of the three state-level prizes.
- Street plays on DRR in all districts by MSW colleges.
- A Fire Mockdrill will be held in the Government Secretariat and in all the districts.This shall be conducted on the 9th of October at the Secretariat and in ditricts, it will be on a day of choice by the District Collector, between 8th and 12th of October.
- International Seminar/Workshop on a topic relevant to this year’s theme on 11th October 2012.
- Painting Competition in association with “Balarama” on 13th October 2012. The Painting competition will be held at 350 centres of YMCA in Kerala. The expected participation is 3 lakhs children.
- Capacity Building Programme for members of Kudumbashree/Janasree (Women Self Help Groups)
- Ham radio Mock Drill will be held on 10th October.
- Possibility of a talk show in a popular TV programme will be explored.
- Media Award for the best reporting on disasters
- Award for best Science and Technology Project in DRR developed by College students.
- A quarter page advertisement on 13th October 2012 highlighting the importance of DRR and the Do’s and Don’ts of disasters.
- Walkathon on 12’th October to spread the message of DRR
- Public Function to observe DRR Day on 13’th October, 2012 at VJT Hall, Trivandrum. Chief Minister and Minister for Revenue will participate. The Revenue Department will enact a drama on DRR.
- Themes:Capacity Development, Early Warning, Education & School Safety, Media, Vulnerable Populations