This 2-day training course on “Environment, Disasters and Disaster Risk Reduction”, designed by the Partnership for Environment and Disaster Risk Reduction (PEDRR), will offer participants with an opportunity to enhance their knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of disaster and environment linkages, and how ecological solutions could be effectively applied for disaster risk reduction (DRR). Special emphasis of the course will be on examining ecosystem management and disaster risk management approaches which could be implemented in an integrated, more effective manner.
Upon completion of the course, participants will become familiar with international best practices on this topic and effectively argue for Ecosystem-based DRR and environmental mainstreaming in disaster prevention and post- disaster recovery in their own countries/organizations. The course will be delivered primarily by practitioners of the topics discussed, providing the participants with opportunities to engage and promote learning exchanges. This training is being hosted by the Global Risk Forum as part of the International Disaster and Risk Conference (IDRC)
US Dollar 600
Covers tutors’ fees, coffee/tea breaks, printed materials, workshop supplies
* Course fees may be waived on a per case basis, especially in the interest of participants from developing countries / emerging economies.
• Government officials in countries who have responsibilities in disaster management or environmental management
• Practitioners (in government, civil society, private sector) in the field of disaster management, ecosystem management or environmental management
• Academics and researchers in the area of disaster, environment and disaster risk reduction
• Staff in UN Organisations, local and international NGOs who are involved with disasters, environment or disaster risk reduction
Contact: Ms. Marisol Estrella, Project Coordinator (DRR), UNEP Post Conflict and Disaster Management Branch, Geneva, 1219, Switzerland, Marisol.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag This Document