AIBD is pleased to announce its collaboration with the UN agencies to organize the Pre-Summit workshop on “MDGs: The Final Push – Media’s Role”. The workshop will review the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) ahead of the 2015 deadline and identify priority MDG goals that are still achievable with a 'final push', and what role media can play in this. The seminar will assist broadcasters in developing engaging stories on MDGs in their own countries and in understanding how to utilize the UN as a valuable source in this pursuit.
In this lead up to the UN Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio and as part of its work with media, one of the participating UN agencies - UNISDR (UN Disaster Risk Reduction Office) will discuss with those participants on the importance of linking the objectives of MDGs to those of Hyogo Framework for Action - the global blueprint for disaster risk reduction. Other worth knowing agenda include building resilience to better cope with disasters in the future, vulnerability to disasters and poverty, women and girls' role in disaster risk reduction, etc.
The workshop will review the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) ahead of the 2015 deadline and identify priority MDG goals that are still achievable with a 'final push', and what role the media can play in this.
• Key regional experts from United Nations organizations: ILO, UNAIDS, UNEP, UNESCAP, UNESCO, UNFPA, UNICEF, UNISDR, UN Millennium Campaign, UN Women
• Key regional media practitioners as moderators – including IPS, IRIN, VOA
At the end of the workshop, the participants:
• will be clear on the status of individual MDGs
• will have a clear understanding of attainable goals ahead of the 2015 deadline
• will understand the 'final push' and the post-2015 arena
• will be able to identify new story ideas on MDGs in their countries and UN sources
No registration fee for public service broadcasters around the globe, AIBD members, AIBD affiliates, AIBD partners and summit speakers.
Profile of Participant:
• Heads of organisations
• Heads of Programme departments (TV)
• Ability to understand and speak in English fluently
For more information, please contact the main organizer AIBD.
Tag This Document