In order to sustain the normal social life of the poor and the vulnerable during natural and man-made disasters, SSDN intends to hold an International Conference to bring experts from all walks of life on one platform to deliberate, share and plan the future strategies that how, as a nation, we can avoid the effects of disastrous nature of natural calamities.
The International Emergency Response Conference-2012 shall provide unique, productive and exciting opportunities to all the stakeholders through interactive and innovative sessions to share their contributions and learning, receive advanced knowledge for future planning and deliberate on emergency strategic plans for future challenges. The conference shall also provide excellent opportunities for networking and sharing ideas with like-minded organizations and individuals from all over the world. It is envisioned that this conference shall set the trend in national history to sustain the thinking process on protecting the human beings not only in Pakistan but around the globe.
We shall learn from international experts and share with the world our hard work we did during disasters. SSDN Conferences shall provide wonderful opportunities to community development practitioners to learn and share. Therefore, abstracts and session proposals are being invited on the themes of Emergency Relief practices, research in humanitarian assistance and learning and their relationship with the overall social development.
The conference objectives are:
- Confidence building among humanitarian organizations, government departments and individuals;
- The future plan of action and sharing of disaster mitigation strategies;
- To promote exemplary social development endeavors in Pakistan;
- Sharing of humanitarian success stories of NGOs and individuals with reference to floods of 2010-2011;
- Providing a professional forum for networking;
- Reviewing the role of NGOs in the new socio-economic scene of the country.
International experts from all walks of life to deliberate, share and plan the future strategies that how, as a nation, Pakistan can avoid the effects of disastrous nature of natural calamities.
Tag This Document