The panel discussion "Cities: drivers of development - drivers of risk?" will address drivers of development and risk as well as potential disaster risk management strategies towards natural hazards in urban areas with a special focus on flooding.
The panelists will address the following questions:
• What are drivers for development and risk?
• Will it be possible to avoid a further increase of disaster risk?
• What are the main effects of upcoming global changes on development and risk?
• Is there a blueprint for resilient city development?
• Are changes in severity and frequency of extreme events a major driver of risk or do vulnerability factors, such as informal settlements, play a more important role in this context?
• Compared to other hazards, why is the role of urban flooding so important in this context?
• What are best practice disaster risk management strategies for urban flooding?
• What are important constraints of existing approaches?
• How should guidelines for vulnerability assessment of different social groups and critical infrastructures be designed?
The Bonn Dialogues Series is a free event, open to the public.
Registration, while not required, helps in the organization of the event and the catering. If you are planning to attend, send an e-mail to the organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org) including your name, organization, e-mail address and confirmation of attendance.
Tag This Document