The conference provides a forum for those working in water safety and drowning prevention to share valuable water safety information, best practice and research. 'Reducing drowning deaths by 50% by 2020’ the draft Australian Water Safety Strategy for 2012-2015 will be released at the conference. The draft strategy will be presented and discussed, with the opportunity for delegates to provide feedback for implementation over the coming period.
Drowning and disasters
Disasters, particularly natural disasters such as flooding, storm surges and Tsunamis affect millions of people globally every year. Drowning is a common consequence during these events. Discussion will focus on these natural disasters and the impact they have had within Australia. Further the role of lifesavers and lifesaving organisations in disaster risk reduction will be discussed.
• Policy Makers
• State Water Safety Council Members
• Managers of Aquatic Venues
• Water Safety Organisations
• Health Promotion Professionals
• Volunteer Lifesavers
• Swimming and Water Safety Instructors
• Rescue and Emergency Services Personnel
• Disaster Reduction Professionals
Tag This Document