The Disaster Resistant Communities Group was established to provide a host of disaster planning and preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation services to local government agencies and departments as well as community and faith based organizations.
DRCG's philosophy is to:
• Develop innovative concepts to meet the needs of the emergency management community.
• Enhance a community's ability to plan and prepare for, respond to, recover from and mitigation the effects of future disasters.
The Formidable Footprint exercise series has been developed in accordance with Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) protocols. The objective of the exercise series is for CERTs, Neighborhood Watch Programs, Neighborhood Associations, Community/Faith Based Organizations, Citizen Corps, Fire Corps and others to work as a team to become better prepared for the next disaster their community may face.
Flood, Tornado, Influenza Pandemic, Hurricane, Earthquake
All Formidable Footprint National Neighborhood Exercises are scheduled so that teams can participate anytime between 9:00AM ET and 4:00PM ET (make adjustments for your time zone). The exercise portal will be open from 9:00AM ET to 4:00PM ET (make adjustments for your time zone). This will allow flexibility for you and your team to set a start time which fits your schedule.
Anytime between 9:00AM ET and 1:00PM ET (make adjustments for your time zone). On the day of the exercise access website anytime between 8:45AM ET and 1:00PM ET (make adjustments for your time zone) then login using your username and password. Once you have logged in click on the Formidable Footprint Tabletop Exercise listed under the header “Your Exercises” in the upper left hand corner. Once you and your team are ready to begin the exercise simply click on the forward arrow to move into exercise play.
Any consecutive three hours between 9:00AM ET and 4:00PM ET (make adjustments for your time zone).
There is NO CHARGE for participation in any of the Formidable Footprint exercises.
This series of exercises will serve as an opportunity for:
• Citizen Corps
• Community Emergency Response Teams
• Map Your Neighborhood Teams
• Neighborhood Associations
• Neighborhood Emergency Response Teams
• Neighborhood Watches National Preparedness Month along with other community and neighborhood organizations to assess the ability of neighborhood residents to work together to prepare for, respond to and recover from a variety of natural disasters which can affect the lives of neighborhood residents.
Tag This Document