66.5 million children are affected annually by disasters...
How do you define a disaster? When it comes to climate change there are increasing numbers of disasters due to an increase of climate change impacts around the world.
School activity for 13 October - International Disaster Risk Reduction Day!
There are lots of ways you can take action on International Disaster Risk Reduction Day. Here are some ideas:
• Watch a video on the group's page about how children and young people around the world are affected by disasters. Start a group debate looking at:
- What surprised you in the videos?
- How did children learn about the risks they face in their communities?
- What did children do to prevent, prepare for disasters?
- Have you ever been involved in any Disaster Risk Reduction activity?
- How could disasters affect your life?
• Video record your debate and upload it to this group discussion.
• Write a blog with your opinion on what is causing disasters around the world and what we can do together to make people safer.
• Create a discussion in this group about any topic on disasters or ask young people on the website their views.
Join the group online
Tag This Document