What is 13th October 2011 all about?
The International Day for Disaster Reduction is an opportunity to raise awareness of disaster risks and promote a global culture of disaster risk reduction among key stakeholders in countries of the world. The day not only offers an opportunity to reflect on our past efforts in reducing disaster risks, but also provides a forum through which fresh commitments are made by stakeholders to take action on DRR.
Save the Children in collaboration with district partners is holding a District Child-lead Disaster Risk Reduction Commemoration at Borehole 11 Primary School, Mandera Central.
1. Schools must be safe and education must be uninterrupted;
2. Child protection must be a priority, before, during and after a disaster;
3. Children have the right to participate and to access the information they need;
4. Community infrastructure must be safe, relief and reconstruction must help reduce future risk
5. Disaster risk reduction must reach the most vulnerable.
1) Come and Celebrate with us!
2) Organize your own Celebrations.
3) Let us join hands to kick Disaster out of North Eastern Province
Tag This Document