COP 17 Side Events: Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
View all events
COP 17: Related Climate Change and DRR Documents
View all documents
COP 17: Related News from Partners in DRR
View all news
The United Nations Climate Change Conference, Durban 2011, will bring together representatives of the world's governments, international organizations and civil society. The discussions will seek to advance, in a balanced fashion, the implementation of the Convention and the Kyoto Protocol, as well as the Bali Action Plan, agreed at COP 13 in 2007, and the Cancun Agreements, reached at COP 16 last December.
The Durban Conference will comprise:
- The 17th Conference of the Parties (COP),
- The 7th Conference of the Parties serving as the Meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol (CMP),
- The 35th session of the Subsidiary Body for Implementation (SBI),
- The 35th session of the Subsidiary Body for Scientific and Technological Advice (SBSTA),
- The Ad Hoc Working Group on Further Commitments for Annex I Parties under the Kyoto Protocol (AWG-KP)
- The Ad Hoc Working Group on Long-term Cooperative Action under the Convention (AWG-LCA.)
The Conference will be hosted by the Government of South Africa and will take place at the International Convention Centre (ICC) & Durban Exhibition Centre (DEC). Please check the website for further information.
Tag This Document