The workshop shall have the following objectives:
1. To capture the recent trends of climate change scenarios including scientific issues as well as challenges in the Arab region.
2. To highlight the on-going efforts on climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction as well as their integration at various levels.
3. To explore the possibilities of regional cooperation including capacity building in addressing the issues related to climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction and also to discuss possible development of a conceptual DRR-CCA integration framework and the suggested recommendations for action therein for further follow-ups.
4. To discuss and agree on a roadmap on strengthening the regional capacity as well discussing the role of UNISDR in support of the Arab Framework Action Plan for Climate change and other initiatives and activities in the region.
The Workshop will discuss the following thematic areas:
1. Impacts of climate change
2. Adaptation to climate change
3. Linking Disaster Risk Reduction into climate change adaptation
4. Management of impacts and risks due to climate change
5. Future Strategies/Priority Action Plan
Governments of the Arab Region, key regional organizations, representatives of UN agencies and other international organizations, academic and technical institutions in the region, relevant experts, civil society including community based organizations.
Please for registration contact Mr. Osama Hamad of UNISDR: email@example.com
Tag This Document