This publication provides ideas about how to alert certain employers to the fact that employees who have disabilities are in need of accommodation for emergency evacuation, and what accommodations might help these employees safely evacuate the work-site during an emergency, as well as what resources are available to provide additional information. In partuclar, this document addresses:
1. Information on the rights of people with disabilities;
2. Tips on disclosing a disability;
3. How to request an accommodation for evacuation;
4. Where to get information on accommodations for evacuation;
5. How to locate local resources for advocacy and legal assistance; and
6. How to file a complaint for failure to accommodate.
Tag This Document