- Title in original language:Family Disaster Plan
- Organization:Bogazici University; GeoHazards International (GHI); Risk RED (Risk RED)
- Year of publication:2005
- Country of publication:Turkey
- Type:Brochure, Flyer, Handout, Information card (2)
- Language:English, Russian, Tajik, Turkish
- Audience:Adults, Children - Secondary school age (12-18 years)
- Reading level estimate:Educational (primary reading level)
- Educational usage:Curricular/Formal, Extra-curricular/Informal
- Setting:Civil Protection / Civil Defense, Disaster Management, Life Skills / Health / Safety / Occupational Safety, School emergency planning / drills, Community assesment / planning / seminars, Community fair / exhibit / drills / simulators, Camp, Project and Events
- Location:UNISDR, Geneva
This family disaster plan is a two-page checklist organized around three main spheres of action:
- Assessment and Planning
- Physical and Environmental Protection
- Response Capacity Development
Based on similar approach, organizational and school disaster plan checklists are also available.
Various language versions:
The generic versions of these documents are in English.
Turkish is available for Turkey. Russian is available for Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.
Tajik is also available for Tajikistan.
Adaptation to different regions is encouraged.
- Scale of distribution: 500,000+
- Strategy: Stand alone (general distribution), As part of training programme, As part of curriculum(grade level All. To send home with families.)
- Country: Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United States of America, Uzbekistan
- School: All schools with jurisdiction
- Community: National
- Setting: Urban/Suburban
- Recipients: Primary school children, Secondary school children, Adults (general community, including parents), Teachers or instructors
- Penetration: 50%
- Themes:Community-based DRR
- Countries/Regions:India, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkey, United States of America, Uzbekistan