- Title in original language:Sáng kiến về Giáo dục Giảm nhẹ rủi ro thiên tai cho Hoọc sinh
- Organization:Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI)
- Author:McKissick, Louise
- Year of publication:2011
- Country of publication:Viet Nam
- Type:Booklet (<30 pages) (21 p.)
- Language:English, Vietnamese
- Reading level estimate:Educational (post-secondary reading level)
- Educational usage:Curricular/Formal, Extra-curricular/Informal
- Setting:Life Skills / Health / Safety / Occupational Safety, School emergency planning / drills, Community fair / exhibit / drills / simulators, Project and Events
- Location:CECI, Hanoi, Vietnam
The purpose of this document is to record and disseminate experiences, results, and best practices derived from the project activities in order to create an effective guide to implementation of disaster risk reduction (DRR) curriculum at the elementary and secondary school level.
This document is written for NGOs, INGOs, educators, government and other development practitioners who are specifically interested in community-based approaches to DRR.
- Themes:Capacity Development, Community-based DRR, Education & School Safety, Indigenous Knowledge, Social Impacts & Resilience, Vulnerable Populations
- Hazards:Cold Wave, Drought, Epidemic & Pandemic, Flood, Heat Wave, Insect Infestation, Land Slide, Storm Surge, Tornado, Wild Fire
- Countries/Regions:Viet Nam