The purpose of this package is to provide education frontline responders at national and local levels with tools to better prepare for and respond to emergencies through implementation of appropriate and comprehensive education activities for emergency-affected children.
ESAR Training Package Materials include:
- ESAR Facilitators’ Guide for trainers
- Power Point presentations for each training session (provided on CD)
- ESAR Toolkit of tools to guide emergency preparedness and field response
- Participant’s Workbook for training participants
- A CD-Rom contains all of these and additional resources and handouts.
Sessions directly related to disaster risk reduction are:
- Session 15: Rehabilitation and Construction of Schools
Facilitator’s Guide for Trainers p.167-175. Participant Workbook p.110-116. ESAR Toolkit: p. 7-80. This includes: Roles of Stakeholders in School Repair and Construction, School Design and Building Standards, Sample Flow Chart in Prioritising and Assessing School Retrofit Projects, Developing a Plan to Implement School Repair and Construction.
- Session 19: Disaster Risk Reduction and Education
Facilitator’s Guide for Trainers p.213-223. see also Participant Workbook p.143-179. ESAR Toolkit p.98-100.
- Session 22: Preparedness, Capacity Building and Contingency Planning Facilitator’s Guide for Trainers p.251-261. Participant Workbook p.168-175. ESAR Toolkit items p.109-112. This includes: Preparedness and Policy Planning Checklist for Education in Emergencies, Mapping Education Sector Needs at Country and Local Levels, Education Cluster/Sector Contingency Plan Template.
Tag This Document