Graduates will be able to determine the vulnerability of ordinary and special structures to seismic actions; apply both current seismic codes and novel unconventional methodologies of seismic design, repair and assessment; and assess the adequacy, economic viability and life saving effectiveness of pre-event risk mitigation and post-event risk management solutions.
- Earthquake Seismology and Earthquake Hazard
- Structural Dynamics and Mitigation
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Seismic Design
- Disaster Risk Management
- Seismic Risk Assessment
- Research Methods in Civil & Environmental Engineering
The programme is suitable for students from a civil engineering background. It aims to impart specialist earthquake engineering skills and an understanding of disaster risk reduction methodologies for careers in the engineering sector and other areas that require a knowledge and understanding of earthquake engineering and disaster risk management/mitigation principles.
- A minimum of a second-class UK Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- Extensive work experience covering related areas will be considered.
You may choose to apply online or download application materials, for details visit www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate-study/application-admission
Students are advised to apply as early as possible due to competition for places. Those applying for scholarship funding (particularly overseas applicants) should take note of application deadlines.
- UK/EU 2011/12: £6,330
- Overseas 2011/12: £19,160
06 Sep 2011
Tag This Document