The Emergency Management Certificate Program has been designed in close consultation with key professional organizations to address core skills and knowledge, and the balance between research, theory and practice required in this vitally important field.
Through lectures, case studies and class discussions, students will develop:
- The background knowledge needed to place the theory and practice of emergency management within a larger social context.
- Knowledge of the various hazards faced by communities, including natural, human and technological risks.
- An understanding of the emergency management cycle, including mitigation, prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.
- The ability to read, interpret, prepare and implement emergency management plans, policies and procedures.
- The ability to work as a member of a team while also providing effective leadership.
Please visit the website above for more information
12 May 2011
Tag This Document