The Centre for Development, Environment and Policy (CeDEP) undertakes research and postgraduate teaching in the fields of applied economics, environment and biodiversity, and sustainability and development.
CeDEP is part of the School of Oriental and African Studies, one of the University of London’s lead colleges, which has an international reputation for its innovative and interdisciplinary approach to international studies.
This course takes a multidisciplinary approach to current issues of global environmental concern. It is relevant to those who are concerned with the management of resources and the making and implementation of policies that have an environmental impact at local, national and international levels.
For the MSc in Environmental Management students will take:
* 4 core modules
* 4 elective modules
* 2 research modules
* environmental assessment (C207)
* environmental auditing and environmental management systems (C208)
* environmental science & management (C200)
* introduction to environmental economics & policy (C170)
* climate change and development (C124)
* environmental valuation:theory,techniques and application (C122)
* ethics and environmental practice (C163)
* international environmental law (C114)
* NGO management (C132)
* managing social and environmental responsibility (C167)
* sustainable forest management (C185)
* sustainable land management (C168)
* water resource management (C126)
* one module selected from another programme
* research methods (R106)
* research report (RR01)
This programme provides the necessary multidisciplinary training and is relevant to those concerned with the management of natural resources and the formulation and implementation of policies that create environmental improvements at local, national and international levels, and in community, corporate and government organisations.
Please visit: http://www.soas.ac.uk/cedep/applying/
30 November 2010 for a February 2011 start
11 Aug 2010
Tag This Document