International Journal of Disaster Resilience in the Built Environment, vol. 4, no. 1, 2013 (special issue):
This special issue was prepared entirely to present the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR) campaign on making cities resilient. Edited by Helena Molin Valdés, Deputy Director UNISDR, it provides access to the following articles:
- Making Cities Resilient: from awareness to implementation.
- Negotiating community resilience in the city in a time of political change and deficit reduction.
- Implementation of Hyogo Framework for Action (HFA) in Makati City, Philippines.
- Framing responses to post-earthquake Haiti: How representations of disasters, reconstruction and human settlements shape resilience.
- Social capital and sociological resilience in megacities context.
- Creating a disaster resilient built environment in urban cities: The role of local governments in Sri Lanka.
- A framework to construct post-disaster housing.
- Themes:Capacity Development, Community-based DRR, Disaster Risk Management, Governance, Media, Recovery, Social Impacts & Resilience, Urban Risk & Planning
- Countries/Regions:Haiti, Philippines, Sri Lanka