This edition of the World Disasters Report 2002 provides evidence that investing in preparedness and mitigation helps combat the terrible human and economic toll of disasters. Reducing disaster risk is an urgent priority not only for disaster managers, but for development planners and policy-makers across the globe...
The World Disasters Report 2002 features
* challenges and opportunities facing risk reduction
* success stories in disaster preparedness from Mozambique and Latin America
* mitigating effects of global warming in Pacific island states
* earthquake risk in south-eastern Europe
* a methodology to assess vulnerabilities and capacities (examples from Gaza/West Bank and Papua New Guinea)
* humanitarian accountability.
* latest disaster and refugee data
* full-colour wall map of the most disaster-affected nations
* Red Cross Red Crescent contacts.
Tag This Document