Meterology and Coast Radio Services
Ministry of Transport
Kingdon of Tonga
P. O. Box 845, Domestic Terminal, Fua'amotu Airport, Tonga
Phone: + 676 35355 Fax: + 676 35123 www.met.gov.to
Call for Tenders - Nuku’alofa Tsunami Early Warning Sirens
The Ministry of Transport in partnership with the SOPAC Division of the Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC) are inviting tenders for the supply and installation of a tsunami siren system for the Nuku’alofa town area in the Kingdom of Tonga. The siren system needs to be delivered to the Ministry of Transport in Tonga by 30 June 2012.
The tender should address the following specifications:
- Full siren coverage of the Nuku’alofa town area from Sopu to Popua and from Fanga’uta Lagoon to the northern shoreline including the Nuku’alofa CBD
- Each siren system to be secure and linked to a reliable standby power source
- The system to be remotely activated and tested on a regular basis from the Meteorological Office at Fua’amotu Airport with at least a manual activation backup available on site
- Comply with all telecommunication, environmental and health and safety laws of Tonga
- Supplier must have back-up support in Tonga for maintenance.
- Supplier must also install equipment and train local counterpart in basic maintenance.
- Tenders must remain valid for period of 90 days from closing time.
Tenders must use Australian dollar currency as the basis for costing.
Tenders should include a cover page detailing:
- demonstrated experience in the supply and installation of siren systems,
- costs for the siren system and installation timeframe;
- technical specifications of equipment & back-up support;
- costs of maintenance support and period of warranty
- a list of 3 references.
To obtain more details of the project, please contact Mr ‘Ofa Fa’anunu at email@example.com or 7713903.
Three copies of the tender labelled 'Nuku’alofa Tsunami Siren System' should be sent to:
Acting Secretary for Transport, 2nd floor OG Sanft Building,Taufa’ahau Road, Nuku’alofa, Tonga
A fourth copy of the tender should be sent to:
Deputy Director, Disaster Reduction Programme, SOPAC Division, Secretariat of the Pacific Community Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tenders should be submitted no later than 4:30pm, Friday, 8 June 2012 (Tonga local time).
Download from http://www.pacificdisaster.net/forum/posts/downloadAttach/185.page
Tag This Document