The First Asian Film Festival on Disaster Risk Reduction will be launched on 25-28 October, 2010 at Incheon city, Republic of Korea, as a side event of the Fourth Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction.
The aim is to encourage sharing of knowledge between countries of Asian region on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR). but How? Cinema is a powerful tool of documentation and dissemination by way of its presentation and a film festival on this subject can go a long away in promoting awareness about disaster risk reduction in the region.
The organisers, the Global Forum for Disaster Reduction (GFDR), India, in collaboration with Asian Disaster Reduction Center (ADRC), Kobe, Japan (a network of about 30 countries and is working towards building disaster resilient communities and to establish networks among countries), propose to hold a festival of Asian-made and Asian-themed films to run alongside the conference.
The festival will showcase short, documentary and fiction films made on the themes of disaster management, risk reduction and rehabilitation. Representatives from about 70 countries of Asia, including Ministers/highest level dignitaries/experts and professionals from disaster management and other interested people will join.
Therefore, the objectives of the festival are the following:
- Documentation and dissemination of issues relating to Disaster Risk Reduction
- Using Cinema as an effective medium of presenting complex issues in simplistic way
- To have a long lasting impact on minds of the viewers and sensitise top leaderships about their political agenda and the popular understanding of issues
- To promote the goals of Hyogo Framework for Action (HFA)
- Bringing a greater understanding of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and heighten the sensitivities towards Climate Change issues.
For further details contact: Global Forum for Disaster Reduction (GFDR), B-7/110-A, Extn. Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi – 110029. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,www.gfdr.org , Phone: +919871616360, +9818584477.
Tag This Document