Your opportunity to utilize your experiences in disaster risk reduction in a leading organization dedicated to improving the lives of children living in poverty
World Vision (WV) is a global network of people committed to enhance the well-being of children everywhere by empowering families and communities to overcome the challenges of poverty and injustice.
The Disaster risk reduction CoP, research & learning coordinator will generate a vibrant community of practice (CoP) across a global organisation through effective information management. You will be part of the initiative is to enhance learning and access to information on Resilient Development Practice and to promote WV's work in Disaster Risk Reduction and Community Resilience both internally and externally.
We are looking for a visionary leader who can combine strong business disciplines with inspirational spiritual leadership skills in line with our Christian values and ethos. You will have a passionate desire to help others, especially children.
• Coordination and management of all web resources incl. reports, information, newsbriefs etc for CoP on WV Central intranet.
• Administration of CoP membership and all working/interest groups. This would incorporate coordination of specific CoP events and annual learning forum etc.
• Compilation of global risk profiling data and other vulnerability mapping and monitoring information.
• CoP learning & capacity development initiatives with National and Regional Offices
• Research and documentation of WV and industry best practices including compilation of case studies, reports and publications.
• Networking and collaboration with NGO, UN and donor counterparts on DRR policy, practice, financing and latest innovations in the industry
Required skills include
• Master’s Degree in International Development Studies or related discipline, and 2-3 years field experience or Bachelor’s Degree plus 4-5 years of field experience.
• Good knowledge of current DRR / CCA policy and practice at International and National levels with particular focus on children.
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills especially regarding information coordination/development and website info management.
• Field experience referred to above could include either direct work in the field, or work with a Support/Head Office with some travel to field locations and understanding of field-based challenges.
• Work experience in learning mechanisms and organisational / people development.
• Experience of research, analysis and report writing.
• Able and willing to travel, both domestically and internationally if required.
• Knowledge of field level DRR practices, including. programme design
World Vision’s efforts in improving the lives of millions of children by mitigating and making early preparations when disaster strikes make this role very rewarding.
Tag This Document