Tetra Tech ARD, a leading international development consulting firm based in Burlington, Vermont and Washington, D.C is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party candidates for a USAID-funded program designed to increase urban coastal resiliency to climate change by incorporating climate change into their planning processes and undertaking adaptive measures in response to capacity building activities, performance-based incentives and public advocacy in targeted municipalities. This is a 5-year program. Local and regional candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Chief of Party’s role consists of a range of managerial and technical activities, including managing the deployment of short term technical experts. The Chief of Party position requires significant coordination with USAID and country counterparts, broad general and technical knowledge of climate change adaptation, experience in developing countries, and the skills to ensure coherence and consistency under tight deadlines, including quality control and timeliness of all deliverables. Candidates should have a climate change adaptation awareness/mindset and a disaster risk reduction background.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Urban Planning, Coastal Resources, or other related field;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with Coastal Resource or Climate Change Adaptation;
- Previous experience as chief of party, team leader, or other program management experience;
- Demonstrated experience leading and supervising teams of diverse professionals responding to complex assignments;
- Proven experience working effectively with multiple stakeholders including USAID, host government officials, multilateral and donor organizations, and local implementing partners.
- Preferred strong knowledge of USAID activities and guidelines;
- Experience in Africa required and Mozambique preferred.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English Required.
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
Duration: 5 years
Tag This Document