Extended from 14 August 2012
International and national applicants are welcome. Opportunity to help develop the in-house information technology capacity and corporate image of IRDR. The incumbent will work in a team which focuses on raising the IRDR profile, and increasing its visibility and reputation, through activities such as the initiative mentioned above. He/She will be involved in the continued development of the IRDR website, and other electronic communication tools and materials. He/She will also contribute to producing regular publications and communications (reports, press releases, etc.) and organizing international events.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Overseeing the construction and maintenance of the website.
- Preparing content for the website.
- Developing and creating marketing material in support of the IRDR Programme and IPO.
- Writing, editing, and formatting English-language content (news updates, newsletters, press releases etc.), developing print and digital media.
- Ensuring that the IRDR material is suitable for distribution.
- Sharing reports and research with members, sponsors and the public, as well as publicizing news, events, and general details about the programme’s history and progress.
- Assisting in the organization, implementation and publication of IRDR conferences, workshops, and other activities.
- Archiving of key IRDR documentation and maintaining databases of activities.
- Any other duties assigned by Executive Director.
Qualifications and skills needed
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, preferred (to ensure ability to obtain visa)
- Excellent website management skills including the use of web content management systems (Wordress), computer-based research and social networking skills.
- Strong experience in producing content for the web including the use of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign software as well as basic knowledge of HMTL.
- Work experience in a scientific programme management environment, preferably of an international type. Familiarity with disaster risk reduction a plus.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, database management systems and freeware tools.
- Strong organizational skills, including for managing projects, and the ability to identify and anticipate issues and to develop solutions.
- Understanding of basic research methodologies helpful.
- Ability to work independent without daily or on-site supervision.
Duration: 2 years
Tag This Document