AECOM International Development seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist for an anticipated USAID Coastal City Adaptation Program (CCAP) to be based in Maputo, Mozambique. The goal of the program is to increase urban coastal resiliency to climate change by incorporating climate change into their planning processes and undertaking adaptive measures in response to capacity building activities, performance-based incentives and public advocacy in targeted municipalities. Main program objectives include:
• Improve the provision of climate-resilient urban services by municipalities;
• Increase adoption of climate resilience measures by communities and community organizations, i.e., civil society, nongovernmental, faith-based organizations, etc;
• Increase access to risk-sharing tools, i.e., insurance plans, contingency funds, etc., for at-risk urban infrastructure and livelihoods.
The M&E Specialist will be responsible for the daily monitoring and evaluation activities including maintenance of the PMP, baseline collection, performance data collection, data quality assessments, reviewing reporting from municipalities and institutions; and reporting to USAID. S/he will also be responsible for training and building M&E capacity in the selected municipalities and institutions from which data is being gathered. The M&E Specialist will also perform regular internal performance evaluations.
Duties and responsibilities
• Lead project monitoring and evaluation activities, including data collection, assessments and reporting
• Guide, supervise and train project staff in M&E
• Provide feedback to project leadership on M&E activities
Required skills and experience
• Master’s Degree in urban planning, natural resources management, environmental studies, civil engineering, public administration or another relevant field or;
• A Bachelor’s Degree and 5 additional years of experience in the above areas;
• Demonstrated experience monitoring and evaluating programs, especially in climate change adaptation or disaster risk reduction areas
Fluency in Portuguese and English required
Length of term: when filled
Tag This Document