- Strategic Program Development
- Capacity Building
- Proposal Development for external fundraising
- Accountable and transparent reporting
- Networking Etc.
· Coordination and delivery of agreed plans/proposal or strategies. Some strategic inputs especially in shaping objectives for project implementation and local level advocacy inputs.
· Working with and assist partners in implementing activities and expenditure of budget of activities in line of allocation made.
· Supporting partners to develop the human resources as per the project requirements and ensure performance management
· Play active role to implement the designed MEL and report back to Manager in due time with appropriate action plan on corrective measures.
· Develop different field level training and implementation guidelines and modules.
· Conduct periodical researches to analyse the project outcome and impact as mentioned in project proposal.
· Provide programmatic technical and management inputs at partner level on organisational development.
· Work closely with the policy & advocacy team to ensure effective linkage between project and policy team.
· Maintain effective liaison with local level government officials for the proper implementation of the project.
· Produce clear and quality reports that demonstrate good accountability.
· When an emergency occurs, to be first on the scene to carry out assessments and contribute to designing and scaling up of ON's and partners' interventions.
· You will appraise partners' project proposals and develop ON-partner concept notes and proposals including donor mapping, budgets, results planning, and definition of additional staff needs, systems and procurement supported by Financial Officer.
· You will monitor continuously programme quality and financial management to ensure relevance, progress against objectives, compliance of the project with humanitarian standards and principles, and compliance with donor requirements.
· During the response and preparedness, to provide technical support to ON's implementing partners in the fields regarding e.g. needs assessments, disaster risk mapping, targeting, accountability to beneficiaries, gender, and monitoring and evaluation.
· You contribute to the development and implementation of ON's humanitarian preparedness strategy and investment plan in-country.
· You appraise and monitor ON's and partners' organisational capacity and capacity to respond and co-ordinate capacity building activities in order to achieve objectives set in the preparedness strategy. To contribute to the development, testing and regular updating of the Oxfam contingency plan in-country.
· You will provide continuous up-to-date information on developments in-country which have (potentially) an effect on the humanitarian situation as well as on interim results of ongoing ON humanitarian interventions.
· You will represent ON in the Oxfam confederation and externally to generate exposure of ON's humanitarian profile and good practices, increase ON's awareness of current humanitarian trends and ensure sound internal and external co-ordination during preparedness and response;
Skills and Competence
· Completed Masters Degree in any discipline relevant to the specific areas mentioned in relation to humanitarian relief and disaster risk reduction.
· 5 years working experience in humanitarian field.
· Preferably a thematic expertise in areas of concern: either WASH, and ERFS-VL.
· Firsthand experience with emergency response delivery, preparedness and disaster risk reduction with civil society sector in Bangladesh and/or South Asia.
· Preferably a thematic expertise in areas of concern: either WASH, ERFS-VL and/or disaster risk reduction.
· The ability of applying a rights based approach and principles of gender justice as cross cutting issues.
· Sound experience in organisational analysis & partnership, grant management & programme development.
· Experience in developing, managing and monitoring projects by NGOs, including multi-actor programs funded by external donors. You are experienced in (guiding) proposal design (including Logical Framework), budgeting and procurement.
· Analytical thinking skills and abilities to influence others.
· Excellent social skills and are a team player.
· Excellent communication skills in English, and willingness to learn local language.
This is a national hired position. Oxfam will be unable to obtain visa and work permit for a non-Bangladeshi national.
National Post D1,
Duration of Contract: 1 year Fixed Term Contract
Tag This Document