The Project Coordinator Disaster Risk Reduction will work under the direct control and supervision of the Partnership Manager Integrated Programs.
The job holder is responsible for providing ongoing capacity support and coordination of the project activities and partners with project planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and reporting on Disaster Risk Reduction.
Academic background, experience & person specifications
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, social work and/or related fields or the equivalent accrued working experience in a related position. A post-graduate qualification is an added advantage.
• At least three years’ demonstrable working experience (preferably in an NGO context) in grassroots projects in managing community-based disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, livelihoods and /or food security processes, with demonstrated experience in project planning and management including ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to organize and lead large stakeholders’ trainings in many regions of Uganda.
• Experience in facilitating organizational capacity building and development for local government technical staff, local NGOs, ICSOs and local community groups.
• Experience in program design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and grant report
• Excellent communication skills in English (additional knowledge of local languages and operating context of Karamoja are preferred).
• Willingness to work and live in Karamoja.
Tag This Document