Health Poverty Action (formerly called Health Unlimited) is an international NGO (UK Registered Charity Number 290535) which has been working in Lao PDR since 1994. Health Poverty Action (HPA) is expecting to receive funding from the European Commission Humanitarian Office (ECHO) to assist Attapeu provincial Labour and Social Welfare and Health departments to prepare for natural disasters and outbreak of diseases.
The key focus of the role is to ensure high quality outcomes under the Disaster Risk Reduction project. The main project activities include improving capacity at village, district and provincial levels to better prepare for and mitigate the impacts of disaster and improving community and government preparedness in natural disasters and outbreak of communicable disease.
Roles and responsibilities
• Manage the effective and efficient delivery of project outcomes that meet beneficiaries’ needs;.
• Conduct effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the Disaster Risk Reduction project; managing all components of program effectiveness.
• Manage and develop the project team and ensure the development of staff/partner capacity, including recruiting, training, conducting performance appraisals, etc
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions to both Health Poverty Action and the donor (ECHO)
Internal and external representation
• Ensure regular communication with Health Poverty Action Country Office regarding project progress;
• Overall representation of Health Poverty Action at different levels. Liaison and maintenance of close working relationships with different government departments, NGOs and other stakeholders;
• Ensure smooth linkages between HPA and other organisations working on DRR and disease outbreak control related matters
• Master’s degree in public health or development management
• At least 5 years of disaster preparedness or public health-related project management experience, with proven experience of supervising roles and analytical writing skills
• The ability to plan, monitor and report on project activities
• Representational skills, diplomacy and the ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels
• Good written and spoken English
• Sound experience in project management in Laos /South East Asia;
• Proven management and supervisory experience in motivating and leading multi disciplinary teams and stakeholders in Laos/Southeast Asia
Tag This Document