Requisition num: 2012MEETHAA-8UZCXV
Purpose of position:
This position has two major purposes. The first is to coordinate the implementation of the Community Resilience/DRR program in the Middle East & Eastern Europe region. The second is to provide technical support and overall coordination to mainstreaming of DRR into national offices, targeted communities and World Vision programming within the broader region.
• Provide technical support to National Offices in their development of Community Resilience/DRR strategies and corresponding DRR capacity building plans
• Coordinate implementation of National Office Community Resilience/DRR strategies
• Ensure Community Resilience Project activities are operating within the approved budget and reported to all donors.
• Collaborate with National Office Community Resilience Project Coordinators to assist with project implementation including planning, monitoring, reporting, documentation and evaluation.
• Coordinate the compilation and writing of the project reports to all donors.
• Coordinate the effective implementation of the MEER HEA Strategy (specific points related to community resilience). This includes planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting, documentation and evaluation.
• Provide the Regional HEA Coordinator with regular reporting of the project accomplishment, critical issues and status
• Coordinate submissions for new Community Resilience Project opportunities in MEER.
Operational & technical support
• Coordinate the community resilience team in the development of a cadre of regional community resilience specialists based in national offices in alignment with the community resilience strategy and project and capacity needs.
• Communicate MEER DRR and climate change advocacy issues to the broader partnership Communities of Practice. (Advocacy and others).
• Support National Offices in linking with and accessing appropriate DRR partners to enhance program impact, reduce disaster risk and enhance funding opportunities and access.
• Participate in and facilitate lessons learned processes and programme evaluations for Community Resilience Project and DRR mainstreaming.
• Coordinate the development of an appropriate DRR approach and mainstreaming guidance for National Offices in the MEER Region.
• Assist National Offices to conduct hazard, vulnerability and capacity assessments in all targeted communities.
• Enhance DRR integration and capacity through support to national office staff throughout the MEER region: remotely and by on-site visits to review project progress against goals, action plans and budget.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of an integrated regional capacity building plan to ensure Community Resilience/DRR integration.
• Ensure community resilience/DRR learning events in MEER are well documented and utilized to inform community resilience/DRR programming, and disseminated for mutual and strategic learning internally and to the wider humanitarian community where appropriate.
• Encourage mutual learning between National Offices within the MEER region and between other regions
• Coordinate NOs to implement the project within time, budget and quality standards (according to project and log frames)
• Promote a research agenda that highlights and demonstrates World Vision’s credible voice in effective community resilience and DRR, programme effectiveness and organizational development.
• Support National Offices in community resilience and DRR advocacy in alignment with policies, protocols and standards including integration within Citizen Voice and Action.
Internal liaison and coordination
• Participate in partnership forums, working groups and networks that have a direct impact on the management and implementation of the Community Resilience Program.
• Coordinate with the MEER Learning Centers to promote integration
• Coordinate external relations with peer organizations on a regional level (national external relations are managed by country project managers)
• Maintain external relations with key international learning and research institutions including the Global Network for Disaster Reduction to enhance organizational learning
• Work closely with the members of the Advocacy team and other functions within the region promoting mutual learning, support and accountability.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the Regional HEA Coordinator.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Bachelors degree in Development Studies, Social Science or any relevant field
• Strong interpersonal, collaborative, negotiation, networking, coordination and organizational skills (project management)
• Critical thinking, analytical, research skills
• Excellent oral and written (English) communications skills
• Experience in enabling group or team to achieve results
• Work experience in MEER countries
• Experience in conducting research studies
• Travel is expected to at minimum Pakistan, Azerbaijan, Lebanon, Cyprus and Israel / Occupied Palestinian Territories
• Minimum of 3 years in project management experience and/or expertise in disaster preparedness and risk reduction strategies and practices
Position start date: 15 Jul 2012
Tag This Document