ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency working in over 50 countries, taking sides with poor people to end poverty together. ActionAid Myanmar’s approach is building capacity among youth and supporting them to work for the community for short and long term development for their own community. One of its main programs is participatory community development (includes livelihood, health, education, DRR etc.); through fellowship for young people to promote development in Myanmar. ActionAid Myanmar has been working in partnership with the local and national NGOs in different states and divisions. ActionAid Myanmar is looking for suitable candidate to fill the following position: (Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are
especially encouraged to apply for this position.)
The job holder is to support in the implementation of the DIPECHO supported Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) programme of AAM and its partners. S/he is primarily responsible to develop training module, design training programs and build the capacity of AAM and partners team on DRR.
• Support AAM in developing and updating the DRR related training manual /modules and design training programs
• Build capacity of Action Aid frontline staff and its partners on DRR /CBDRR
• Coordinate and liaise with other consortium members/DRR organization to share and document best practices and lesson learnt of DRR training experience
• Support AAM and Partner’s team to develop M&E , communication and documentation system from capacity building angle
• Overseeing and monitoring partner DRR trainings and providing DRR training technical assistance
• Contextualize and support the team members in developing DRR relayed IEC materials
• Generate, document and provide opportunities to disseminate the results of the capacity building initiative, capturing new knowledge and learning
• Coordinate with DRR Working Group and relevant government departments at various levels for effective implementation of the project.
• Network with me /NGOs working in the area for sharing of information and resources.
• Develop and support initiatives to ensure that the Myanmar programme links to appropriate ActionAid regional and global initiatives.
• Build and maintain strong links with other Regional programmes and AA International
Emergency and Conflict Teams
• Provide support to the Project Manager and other programs whenever required.
Qualifications and skills required
• At least 3-4 years working experience in Training and capacity building work related to DRR and community based development
• Knowledge and understanding of Local, international and regional DRR/CBDRR context /training documents/frameworks etc
• Holds Bachelor degree or equivalent in related field from a Recognized University
• Experienced in people-centered capacity development work, with strong facilitation and analytical skills
• Previous DRR training experience is essential
• Excellent communication skills both in written and spoken English.
• Strong interpersonal and motivational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Should be a good team player, Gender sensitive, having conviction and skills for the empowerment of the poor and disadvantaged groups
• Able to work independently and under own initiative as well as within a team in a multicultural environment
Tag This Document