The SAARC Disaster Management Centre has the mandate to serve the member countries by providing policy advice and facilitating capacity building services including strategic learning, research, training, system development, expertise promotion and exchange of information for effective disaster risk reduction and for planning and coordinating a rapid regional response mechanism to disasters within the region.
Therefore the candidate with experience of working in similar international or regional organizations and demonstrated capability of dynamism and commitment for working in team for producing original policy and action research of contemporary relevance in the respective fields shall be preferred for the posts. The candidate must be fully conversant with current state of knowledge and practices in the relevant fields especially in the context of South Asia region and must be excellent in articulation and presentation of views, both oral and in writing.
The Head of the respective Division shall be responsible for development of the annual work plan of the Division and implementation of the approved work plan under the overall direction and supervision of the Director of the Centre. The Specialists shall assist the Heads in the development and implementation of the work plans and further carry out such other works independently as may be entrusted by the Director.
Both the Heads and the Specialists must be proficient in word, data, image and map processing software, as no significant secretarial assistance shall be available for their work.
Qualifications and experience
• PhD on Information Technology/Knowledge Management/Computer Science Engineering/Communication Engineering with a Post Graduation Degree in any branch of Science/Engineering.
• A minimum of ten years of professional/teaching and/or research experience in a reputed organization with proven records of post-doctoral research and/or publications in the field. The applicants with knowledge/experience of working in disaster management sector will be given preference.
Apart from the prescribed qualifications and experience, the following eligibility conditions must be fulfilled:
• The candidate must be a national of any of the SAARC countries of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka;
• The candidate should not be more than 55 years of age as on 01.01.2012;
• The candidate should be of a sound physical and mental health;
• The candidate must be working in equivalent professional assignment in any of the member countries.
Tag This Document